Lucas Porter from U.S.A. (Class of 2010)

Before & After

Lucas recently graduated from Loyola Marymount University in May of 2014. He has been working as a production associate for an independent film company for two years, and is looking forward to getting a full time position!

How Southwestern Academy helped him achieve to where he is now:
"Southwestern Academy exposed me to the international community. I was surprised at the amount of travel I had to do; I've been to France & England to attend some international film festivals. China has already built some massive film studios, so it's only a matter of time before I fly out there! Southwestern Academy did a fantastic job to prepare me for college, AND to feel comfortable with many different cultures. It is a huge asset if you want to do international business."

His fondest memory: 
"I have always loved the history classes, whether it was Mr. Gibbs teaching us about barbarians running around the place pillaging, or Mr. Veronda giving his amazing Theodore Roosevelt impression (Bully!!). Mr. Herbst & Mr. Nord made math fun for me, and I loathed the subject. Nevertheless, they helped me tackle it. I could never forget Mr. Herbst's hikes!!"

Popular Posts