Gwendolyn Mattias from U.S.A. (Class of 2011)

Before & After

Gwendolyn is currently going into my senior year at Hartwick College and will be graduating with a Business and Accounting degree. 

How Southwestern Academy helped her achieve to where she is now: "Southwestern has fully prepared me for college and life in general. I thought that college was going to be a difficult transition from Southwestern. However, it ended up being a very easy transition for me. The amount of work increased, but I was able to manage my time and get all the work done. In addition, I learned how to write very well at Southwestern, which helped me a lot in college as there was a lot of writing involved. I was able to achieve 'A's' on almost every writing assignment. Moreover, the science program at Southwestern allowed me to do well in the science classes that I had to take at my college."


Her fondest memory: "I had so many great memories at Southwestern so choosing just one is very tough. I learned something from every teacher at Southwestern that helped me to excel in college. Since I already mentioned writing and science, one thing that stuck in my mind was the dress code. Although every student complained about having it, including myself, it was actually one of the best things I ever learned for the real world and for college. As a business major, I have to dress in business attire for many of my presentations. If I never had  that dress code in high school, I don't think I would have ever known what was appropriate. I appreciate having had that dress code so much more now. It has not only prepared me for those presentations, but also for the future, when I have job interviews after college."

Popular Posts